Thursday 26 April 2018

Image search

We came across this handsome pond last weekend, at Penshurst Place in Kent.

White flowers which I felt sure were the same as the ones we had once seen in a pond near Newbridge near Ashburton in Devon. However, I did not think to look for a ticket on the pond in Kent.

This afternoon, search of the blog archive for white flowers and new bridges failed, possibly because I spelt Newbridge as two words, but more probably because I was too in too much of a hurry glancing through the hits, easily done with the hits coming as months rather than as posts.

Next up, Bing turns up a couple of pictures of what are probably the right plant, but I could not turn up any label for them. Then Google image search, ditto. Then Google regular turns up a picture which does have a label, Aponogeton distyachos, Water Hawthorn or Water Hyacinth. From where I get to the RHS site which has a picture of same with the right sort of leaves, that is to say with rounded rather than with pointed ends. And hyacinth gets me to the relevant blog entry, from April 2015, at reference 1.

So search works eventually.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/botanical-walk.html.

Group search key: tba.

No comments:

Post a Comment