Monday 8 October 2018

Tree three

A view of the weeping Atlas cedar in Hook Road, rather obscured. I could not be bothered to go back later in the day, by which time the offending van might have moved on. Or not, as the case might have been.

First noticed about seven years ago at reference 1, and we have been weeping cedar spotting ever since. I don't think we have come across a big one yet.

I had been concerned that the host house was up for sale and that the new owner might not be such a keen treetophile. But I may have been mistaken about the exact location of the estate agent's sign, now attached to the house to the right.

A bit further on I passed the house which goes in for exotic cars, where yesterday I had spotted an Aston Martin on the forecourt. A bit more conspicuous than the one which lives in a garage in our road - except when the special small furniture van comes to take it away to be serviced. Today there was nothing: no Bentley, no Range Rover, no Lamborghini and no Aston Martin.

A few weeks ago I tried to engage the chap I took to be the owner of the house in conversation, but he wasn't having it, so we still don't know what his relationship to these cars is.

Reference 1: https://pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.com/search?q=atlas+weeping.

Reference 2: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/08/further-to.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment