Tuesday 30 May 2017

Roseview

The splendid pink rose next door. We get a much better view of it than they do from their side, from our upstairs hall window.

There was an odd quirk in that the successive images, half a dozen of them taken with my Lumia/MS telephone over about 30 seconds, differed markedly in shade of pink. Cortana must have been doing something tricky with the colour mix, perhaps involving some tricky interaction between the colour of the feature of focus and the colour mix of its surroundings, or perhaps of the snap as a whole - and I had been trying to fiddle with the feature of focus by tapping the screen.

As it happens, I have just been reading of the eye maybe getting up to something similar in an excellent book - 'The Image Processing Handbook' - by one John C. Russ. A book which is an excellent result for me in that I was able to get a near new copy of the fifth edition, quite good enough for my purposes, for less than a tenner, including postage from Abebooks, while Amazon wanted £125 for the seventh edition.

PS: note also the glimpse of gray flat roof, middle left, not done with the asphalt roof rolls which did for us. But I have yet to find out what it was done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment