Thursday 13 September 2018

Bing

Not being able to find the pub I wanted in Montpelier Street, I thought I would ask Cortana.

First problem was that I thought Montpelier Street was spelled Montpellier Street and was offered various out of town streets and public houses.

Second problem was that having got the spelling right, all the top hits were not from public houses but from listings companies, who seem to list anything that anyone has ever heard of, but who are not too careful about maintenance. A variation of the irritating business of asking for hotels somewhere and then getting pages of hits from listings companies rather than hotels.

Then, when I get home, I have a go with the Bing version of Street View, to find that the pub was still there, at least it was in 2011 when this photograph was taken. With the modest red brick church mentioned earlier visible down the street to the left.

Group search key: ssa.

No comments:

Post a Comment