Monday 17 July 2017

Big tree two

The base of the tree of the previous post. Maybe I need to start carrying the red & white archeologist's measuring stick (aka fiducial marker?) that I picked up at Beeches Pit last year. See references 1 and 2.

All of which led me to reflect on the pale imitation of this sort of real world that I can manage on my telephone, clever though it is. Was it all down to the brain doing clever things with the conscious image which a photograph is not going to manage? Or was it more to do with the telephone? I seem to recall seeing films of forests in the cinema which do a much better job of capturing the atmosphere of such places. A combination of the large screen , the mood music and the fact that the camera is moving about a bit, emulating in some small way the continual small movements of head and eyes as we take in the scene in front of us?

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/beeches-pit-one.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/fossil-flint.html.

Group search key: fcb.

Group search key:

No comments:

Post a Comment