Wednesday 5 July 2017

Soduku

For some reason, this morning over breakfast, I was moved to have a go at the Soduku in the Guardian, the first time noticed since 2009, getting on for ten years ago. See reference 1.

Perhaps I have overdosed on Guardian and need a dose of the DT to get me back on the level, if not on the square. This last being a locution picked up in TB, with the usual small prize for readers who know its meaning.

In any event, after about 15 minutes at, ground to a halt with a fatal error involving the row 6 '8'. At least fatal in the sense that unpicking would be more bother than it was worth. I seem to remember that in my keener days I used to work on a photocopy, which made unpicking rather easier.

PS: I have always been prone to silly mistakes and blunders in exercises of this sort. Far too keen on speed and not enough keen on looking before I leap. Or checking before I press the green button. Or whatever.

Reference 1: http://pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=simulataneity+penrose.

No comments:

Post a Comment