Saturday 22 July 2017

Lost

A notice found pinned to a tree in Horton Lane this morning, a smaller version of which was pushed through our letter box while we were away.

I could not help wondering about the back story. What on earth was going on that someone could get lost in this way? BH has come across him on the Common while out dog walking and thinks that maybe he got stuck in a ditch or something of that sort.

We can only hope that he has turned up.

PS: perhaps when I am reduced to buggy life, I will get myself kitted out with the kind of emergency beacon intended for use when lost at sea. And then provided I am not too out of it, I can hit the red button and the helicopter will turn out to haul me to safety. Or thinking with my fingers again, just make sure that I have my telephone with me and stay in range of whatever it is that knows where it is. And then, should anything untoward happen, just hope that someone notices that I am missing and pushes the police into recovery action.

No comments:

Post a Comment