Friday 7 July 2017

M&S cherries

Yesterday's cherries did not last very long so I thought some more were in order. Fruit stall missing from the market place, so first thought was Kiln Lane which, even on the bike, would have been a bit of a stretch with temperatures rising rapidly and now said to be 27C, rather too hot for my comfort. Second thought was Waitrose and third thought was M&S.

M&S did sell cherries and they seemed very dear, but then I found this box at £5 for a kilo, less than I had paid in the market, all down to their being on their last day. Another down side was that they had been kept in the cold, so by the time I got them home, they were covered in condensation and did not look too clever at all. But the couple I tried were fine, if rather cool to my taste, and hopefully by lunchtime they will be good, maybe even as good as those from the fruit stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment